KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Nov. 28, 2023) – Community Groceries, the groundbreaking grocery store committed to transforming the way Kansas City shops for essentials, is proud to announce its grand opening at 3501 Troost Ave. The event kicks off on December 9, 2023, with a private audience of Kansas City leaders at 9:00 a.m., featuring a ribbon-cutting ceremony. At 11:00 a.m., the public is invited to experience a grocery paradigm shift with tours of the store. The celebration will include special discounts, giveaways and promotions as well as healthy recipes and interactive workshops on nutrition, wellness and sustainable living.
“Community Groceries is on a mission to redefine the grocery shopping landscape by providing affordable, accessible options for all residents of Kansas City,” said Kortney Lee, founder. “With a vision that goes beyond mere retail, the store aims to contribute to the local economy by actively supporting small businesses and promoting community sustainability.”
Community Groceries offers a host of innovative features and services, including:
- Delivery Within Reach: offering delivery services within a specified radius, ensuring convenience for every resident, launching later in 2024.
- Lifestyle Memberships: providing exclusive membership programs offering fixed pricing for a personalized and enhanced shopping experience.
- Local Partnership Focus: partnering with a diverse range of local vendors, farmers, growers and health and beauty providers to promote regional products and stimulate economic growth.
- Affordable Individual Purchases: quality single pantry items such as one cup of flour or two individual eggs are available for purchase, eliminating customers’ need to buy in bulk, enhancing cost-effectiveness and reducing food waste.
Founded on the principles of community, affordability, and sustainability, Community Groceries is the brainchild of a dedicated team passionate about making a positive impact. The store's commitment extends beyond just providing groceries; it aspires to be a hub for community engagement, fostering a sense of togetherness. For example, Community Groceries proudly caters to all diverse dietary preferences including vegan, vegetarian and local selections. By actively supporting local businesses, Community Groceries is projected to contribute to the growth of the local economy by fostering community development.
“We want to thank the business and community partners who were crucial in bringing our dream of better grocery shopping for all to fruition, including our landlord Mac Properties and Veritas Architecture + Design,” said Lee.
All visitors will be entered to win:
· Two sets of Apple AirPods
· Two Beats headphones
· $200 Best Buy gift card
· Nintendo Switch
· PlayStation 5
· 10 $100 gift cards to Community Groceries
· 20 Bronze Lifestyle Memberships
In addition to raffle prizes, the first 150 customers will receive a free tote bag and two extra raffle tickets.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Alexandria French, vice president of sales and marketing
About Community Groceries
Community Groceries is a visionary grocery store dedicated to reshaping the shopping experience in Kansas City. Committed to affordability, accessibility, and supporting local businesses, it strives to be more than a store — a community hub fostering economic growth and healthy living.
Conceived by the Troost Coalition, the City of Kansas City and the Planned Industrial Expansion Authority and developed by Mac Properties, the Crosswalks development introduces four new mixed-use buildings including over 340 apartments and up to six new retail spaces including Community Groceries at 3501 Troost.
About Mac Properties
Great apartments in great locations – everything Mac Properties does is in service to this ideal. For the last nearly 20 years that has meant restoring to its previous glory the Armour Boulevard neighborhood, an area that in recent generations had been defined by underinvestment and blight.